FMSAA College Scholarships
The purposes of these scholarships are to recognize members of the Fire Mountain Staff Alumni Association for their outstanding achievements and to provide those individuals with a financial opportunity to further their education. All past and present staff are encouraged to apply.
The Fire Mountain Staff Alumni Association has available up to two scholarships in the amount of $500 each, and additionally; there is a "Joe-size" Joe Miller scholarship in the amount of $1,000.
- In order to be considered for these scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a member in good standing of the Fire Mountain Staff Alumni Association
- Have been a Fire Mountain Staff member for at least one full summer camp season
- Be admitted to an institution of continuing education
- Applicant may not be a member of the Fire Mountain Staff Alumni Association Scholarship Committee
- Supporting Documentation
- A transcript from the most recent educational institution attended
- If not available or more than 10-years in the past just note this on the application instead
- Proof of admittance to an institution of continuing education
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- References may not be family members
- At least one (1) letter must be from a non-scouting affiliated reference
- Attached Scholarship Application
Scholarship applications for the 2013 school year are due May 31, 2013. For a copy of the application, you can download the Scholarship Application. For more information, contact Ed Miller - ed (at) firemtn.org . All past and present staff are encouraged to apply.
Mail application to: FMSAA Scholarship Committee; PO Box 14576 - Mill Creek, WA 98082